Spray Paint HAF 932 Interior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puressence

In Runtime
Greetings everyone,

So I have just about of the componenents for my new build and just bought the flat black spray paint and primer today. The thing is that I forgot to buy sandpaper to work the inside before I paint and primer the thing. The question is, should I DEFINATELY sand it before primer and paint, or is the sanding not necessary?
Thanks everyone,
-Pure

Edit: Decided to buy some sandpaper and will do that prior to primer and paint

Yeah, sanding is definitely the worst part of any paint job, so many nooks and crannies. After a couple of paint jobs I picked up a hand rivet gun so that I could pull out the worst parts and sand/paint them separately.

But it all comes down to the prep, sand thoroughtly, wipe clean with some alcohol and then tack cloth as a final prep just prior to painting.

Still in the process of gutting the case. Steaming along nicely though. I bought flat black spray paint. I am hearing that other people used a satin black or a glossy black. Anyone care to contribute thoughts and opinions. I more than likely won't paint until tomorrow, so if the overwhelming majority say satin or glossy, I'll run back to Home Depot and trade my flat black in for one of the others.
-Pure

P.S. Throwing up some pics of my progress so far.

Attachments

• DSC03205.jpg
    DSC03205.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 5,241
  • DSC03223.jpg
    DSC03223.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 4,105
  • DSC03224.jpg
    DSC03224.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 4,278
  • DSC03225.jpg
    DSC03225.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 4,113
I use flat black for my cases. Way more forgiving than a glossy finish paint.

If your using a self etching primer, don't even worry about sanding it beforehand, otherwise a scuffing sponge or some steel wool will work just fine.

When I painted I didn't.

If you want, take the brass standoffs and take over the tops of those and thread em into the motherboard mounting holes, then paint. That way you don't clog up the threads.

I'll cast another vote for flat black, I've done a number of paint jobs of both and I've always favoured flat over gloss for interior paint, gloss for exterior. As aspire mentioned it is a lot more forgiving, without the gloss reflection you don't spot the miss perfections like you do with a gloss coat. Look around your house and compare your flat paint jobs vs gloss paint jobs, you'll see what I mean, the gleam of the gloss makes every little dimple/dust stick out so you'd better do a good job or you'll regret it.

3338d1237862155-spray-paint-haf-932-interior-dsc03205.jpg

emmm.... Pretty stuff.... Very nice...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom