Did I make a mistake buying this GTX 260?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What resolution are you playing at? If it's small then that could be the reason.

the extra $20ish is worth it for the core 216.

What resolution are you playing at? If it's small then that could be the reason.

the extra $20ish is worth it for the core 216.

Im running 1680x1050. I shouldve got the core 216

This card did come with a EVGA precision overclocker utility. Should I mess with that? Will I see a big difference?

Thanks

The 260GTX is a very good card if it's 192 or 216.

From a 8800GTS it certainly wouldn't be a huge increase. I'd say about 12% or so.

Have you actually benchmarked each card to see what the increase is?

The 260GTX is a very good card if it's 192 or 216.

From a 8800GTS it certainly wouldn't be a huge increase. I'd say about 12% or so.

Have you actually benchmarked each card to see what the increase is?

What would be a huge increase over the 8800GTS? Im thinking about doing the step-up program and getting a better card

I just requested a step-up for a new graphics card - a EVGA GTX 285. Will I see a big difference with the 285 over the 265?

I just requested a step-up for a new graphics card - a EVGA GTX 285. Will I see a big difference with the 285 over the 265?

At 1680x1050 no, no you will not see a difference. The 260 is more than enough card to push that resolution.

you shouldnt. i run my core 216 at 1920 all day any game and no stutter. i realize you have a 192, but they aint that different. maybe you have another problem rearing its head?

also, dont step up if your card is returnable. return it and get a refund, then buy the 285 from newegg. it will be cheaper.

you shouldnt. i run my core 216 at 1920 all day any game and no stutter. i realize you have a 192, but they aint that different. maybe you have another problem rearing its head?

also, dont step up if your card is returnable. return it and get a refund, then buy the 285 from newegg. it will be cheaper.

I did purchase this card from newegg. Am I able to return it to them in exchange for another card? If I can't exchange the card, should I do the step up?

Also, if it isnt the card that is causing the bottleneck, what is? (specs in sig)

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom