Cheap build for WOW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice!

I must move to those soon.. heck, I just need a new board and Cooler and I'll be set..

I'm starting to get instability with the board after 1 hour, 45 minutes of COD4

If you were going to get a card for WOW, I'd suggest a Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100258-1GL Radeon HD 4850 1GB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

That should do the job nicely.

Cases are mainly a matter of taste. I have learned from experience that I don't like fooling with doors on the front of a case, though.

Well, I agree you must go with a case that is pleasing to your eye, but there is a lot more to cases than how they look.

1.) Air flow
2.) Size
3.) Construction / Craftsmanship
4.) Material
5.) Price
6.) Features

There are soo many cases out there that look really nice but are lacking on more than a few of what I listed above. IMHO, if you are going to spend hundreds of dollars on PC components you should make sure you have the absolute best housing for those components.

It's like putting the most top of the line motor into the biggest piece of crap vehicle.

My bro bought a PC off ebay for like.... <$300 and it is pretty beastly.

500GB HDD
3.3 GHz dual core AMD
4GB RAM
ASUS MB
ATI Radeon 128MB card

Okay, I know it's not as specific as you might like, but that's all I can remember off the top of my head. It was sold by some ebay store called "CollegePCguys" or something like that.

$ for $ it's the most powerful PC I've ever seen.

Umm... not to be a jerk, but that PC would be pretty crap. the amd dual cores are pretty slow (I unfortunately possess one), and that video card would totally suck in today's modern games.

Haha, yeah I'm looking for a cheap method of running, but I understand. I bought an Athlon X2 3400 back when it was all the hype and most bang for the buck. I don't really need a major gaming rig since all the big titles I play are mainly on Ps3, though I would like to try out Crysis. I thank you guys alot of this thread, helps alot. I will post what I end up doing, I should be home here in a few days, hopefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom