Which Video Card 9600GT or 4670?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billymac24

Solid State Member
I know that there are much better video cards out there, but I am not looking to break the bank, and am not an Overclocker and not a gamer, so just looking for something that will cover my basic computer needs and cost around $75.00.

Planning on an Intel build....main components:
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0GHZ 6M L2 Cache 1333MHZ FSB LGA775
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX
PSU: Corsair 650W TX Series
Case: Cooler Master RC-690
Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Black 640GB 32MB Cache 7200 RPM Sata 2
Memory: OCZ Reaper 4GB (2X2GB) DDR2 800MHZ
DVD Drive: Samsung 22X Speedplus serial ATA Internal DVD Writer

If you don't overclock or game at all, you might just want to get a motherboard with onboard graphics. But if you want to go with either of those, I'd recommend the 4670.

Btw, how come you're going for such a powerful power supply if you're not going to be using a powerful card? A 500W would do that build fine and save you $30-40.

Thanks guys....great information as always....and a great deal on the Gigabyte card. As for my bigger PSU, well, I guess for $30-$40 I consider it worth it for not having issues now and being more "future-proof"

Any other issues/suggestions for my build?

Thanks!

Unless you are going to be adding more components at a later date (bigger video cards, etc...), that PSU is a bit of overkill.

If you are not a gamer at all you could consider dropping to a good onboard chipset or a weaker dedicated card. The 4670 is a great low budget card, but if you don't game it is almost overkill.

Otherwise, it is a decent build and will give you some good performance.

I'd go with the 4670, it should work excellent with that PSU. If you are going to be doing some hardcore gaming I would recommend getting the 4850 at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom