Cheap build for WOW

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought that combo, haven't received it yet, but from what members on here told, the biostar boards OC very nicely and are quite stable. Will be able to tell you from experience very soon.

Cases are mainly a matter of taste. I have learned from experience that I don't like fooling with doors on the front of a case, though.

Agreed somewhat. Though the door on that case is interchangeable. Right now my case opens to the left, but its on my right side, so that's annoying. But the case I posted can open either way. But yeah it's really preference.

Just noticed something, Thresh... the mobo in that combo is an AM2+ board. It won't run DDR3 RAM, it would have to be DDR2.

Ahh good catch. I didn't realize he was going for ddr3 ram. let me see if there's a cheaper combo that can run ddr3

edit: so they aren't offering any boards in the combo deals that support ddr3. But, i think ddr2 1066 would be more than plenty? 4 gigs of that speed ram would be pretty killer.

65 bucks, 45 after mir. at 5-5-5-15. 4 gigs
Newegg.com - CORSAIR DOMINATOR 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

ocz 4 gigs, 43.99 at 5-6-6-18
Newegg.com - OCZ 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

I just put together a build on Saturday using that Biostar 790gx with a Phenom II 940. I must say it's a nice board with good features. Had no problems, went together nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom