Cheap build for WOW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyrothrillah

In Runtime
Looking to build a cheap computer to play WOW on. I want something that will play everything with maxed graphics as cheap as possible. If I could get by fairly decent with a laptop that would actually help out a lot since I do alot of traveling and would like to be able to play on the road. I used to play on a Toshiba Satellite and it was just too hot to play the game and didin't have the video capabilities I needed.

I have a computer that I built a few years ago, haven't had any help on getting that fixed, not sure what I messed up on I will link that post on here it also lists the specs and hardware I have. I will also need a monitor to play on, preferably something not too big, but not tiny either :p

Also, I have knocked a little cylinder off the video card, so I assume it gone.

http://www.techist.com/forums/f75/new-build-er-kinda-202987/

Thanks guys

Your old/new build would run WOW, but not wide open. You will need a video card, of course.

If you want to build a new/new rig, what would be your budget?

Yeah, stupid me on that part. I wouldn't want to push over 500 considering I have a case, a fairly nice board I guess (I dunno I am in the dinosaur age with the new stuff now), and hardware and such. If it had to go over thats fine or if it fails to meet 500 I'm not complaining either :)

Something upgradeable is also a plus, but really not required.

Hmm, very nice. It's amazing how much better everything is when I bought my current setup a little over 3 years ago. I assume crossfire is just pretty much SLI. Also, if you can recommend another case thats a little less high tech and cheap that would be very helpful Trotter.

My current case has fan speeds, lights, all that useless nonsense. :)

I may build that setup and just part out the rest in my other build.

Thanks alot.

Whats better about the SATA HD's? I thought might was... Actually I'm pretty sure that red cable is it :)

Whats a molex cable useful for?

SATA hdd's are much faster. They use the little red cable so it takes up much less space in your computer.

Don't trust Newegg reviews, because most of the "problems" are n00bs with user-error problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom