SLI Memory set to disabled in bios

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroShade

In Runtime
I have 8 gigs of sli memory on the board... the board indicates it is disabled... manual tells me that the board picks sli up... but it is simply disabled. I have an nforce 780i lt slit board and it is capable of sli yet however the option to enable it is grayed out in the bios and I can't seem to get to the spot to enable it because its grayed.

Saying this... does vista understand that it is sli enabled when the sli graphics card is used?

If not... is there a solution to enabling a grayed out area in the bios?

~Thanks!!

SLI is for video cards, not memory (RAM). Do you mean dual-channel? You would have to have two Nvidia video cards installed to enable SLI.

SLI memory is just a preconfigured profile. Its no big deal if its disabled. It's just one of those "box addons" that doesnt really add anything to the performance.

Obviously it provides some sort of increase... the motherboard has an option to enable it somehow... because its one of its capabilities... even if its a slight increase... I'd want to take the advantage of the capability. Right??

If you set your timings/speed manually it doesnt matter. The sli profile is usually just a little bit faster than what they would show up as on a non sli board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom