EVGA 590SLI onboard sound problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfenwick

Fully Optimized
So am at my brothers house reformatting his comp and we can't get the onboard sound to work post reformat.

Problem number 1 is that the copy of XP won't validate, it's a legit copy from my student days from the university but I guess all the licenses have been used so now it won't update post SP2.

We re-installed drivers from EVGA a number of times but no change, in control panel sound settings there is no hardware detected.

Any ideas?

Also, this is time sensitive as I'll be leaving late tonight so any guesses no matter how unsure you are would be appreciated. google search showed up nothing useful.

Thanks,

is the onboard sound enabled in the bios.

call M$ about the activation problem. i had to do it a few times for vista and the tech support aint bad, took me about 15mins.

Turns out I'm no longer allowed "fresh" key as I'm no longer a student at the school. Freak'n eh! What a joke, M$ bs to make the fat cats fatter. Anyways, I have another one I know will work if we can't solve this problem, but this install is SP2 so I don't know if it's worth a re-format.

[edit] problem fixed, eventually found a solution, had to go delete some reg stuff to enable realtech detection??? not sure, he did it but just an fyi that the problem is no more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom