water cooling loop for ~150?

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ well your cpu and mine arent too far off in performance so look at my sig.

i have a similar loop like that kit that aspire recomended but with a apogee self drive

Newegg.com - Swiftech MCR220-QP Liquid Cooler Radiator - Water Cooling $35 at newegg

Swiftech Apogee Drive 350 Self-Powered Waterblock: CrazyPC Computers $84

get some good tygon tubing or something similar and clamps and you will be good to go.

that's what i would do. will cool as good if not better than that kit from petras :)

The Danger Den CPX-Pro pump is nearly equal in performance to the MCP355 18W with a top.

In the end, the cpu block is better than the Apogee in the base of the Drive and the pump will outperform the 10w version of the DDC that is incorporated into the base.

/shrugs. In the end they will both cost nearly the same amount and the loop from Petras is much more upgradable.

Ethan Kaizer said:
Thanks. Not meaning to thread jack here, but I just have 1 more question: if I were to replace that clear tubing with some green or blue feser tubing, how many feet would I need, and how many feet does each order come with?

Depending on your case and how you plan on setting up your loop, between 8 and 12 feet should be more than sufficient.

Hey Aspire, instead of making a dedicated W/C thread in hardware, we could just give you a new section under the revised recommended hardware list. That would make things simpler for the members to find stuff. We could just update the thread title to mention it.

Either way is fine by me, I do think it would be good to have it in this section in addition to any other places as this sub-forum is the "Cooling" section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom