new mobo installed

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheHumanComputer

Daemon Poster
i just installed the new motherboard they give me....and my computer isnt doing **** all

ive double checked to see if everything isnt in right and everything is in

i turn the computer on and it goes to the boot screen that shows what i have on my computer then freezes and it has all kinda of diffrent lines on it

i tryed it on 2 diffrent monitors as well

when i reset my computer it turnt off....and then turnt back on without me touching it...

im stuck cant anyone help?

the mobo i have is a gforce 8100vm_m5

Looks like you'll have to RMA the motherboard.
Just one question, probably not the problem though - are you sure the RAM you're using is supported by the motherboard?

RMA means you sent it back to where you bought it from, and they send you a replacement (which you could've found out with a simple google search). Assuming what you bought is under warranty (which it probably is).

yes its has the right ram it was a bundle i got again...not that i wanted it haha

it has a 2gb stick in and 1gb i took the 1gb out to see if it would world but still...nothing

and i dont think it is under warrenty...i got it from maplins....they have a 28 day money back thing...but thats if the item is unused... :mad:

In the UK all goods sold as new have a standard 12 month warranty as standard, in at any point in that period of time a device fails from manufacturing defaults and not by end user intervention they are obliged to replace it. However if it fails within one month (30 days) they have to replace it with either a like for like match or a comparable device of equal or excideing specifications.

In the UK all goods sold as new have a standard 12 month warranty as standard, in at any point in that period of time a device fails from manufacturing defaults and not by end user intervention they are obliged to replace it. However if it fails within one month (30 days) they have to replace it with either a like for like match or a comparable device of equal or excideing specifications.

yeah this is supose to be a new bundel...i just swapted it for my other one.....and yet i still have LOADS of frigging problems

i just want a refund of them and i want to get the other mobo/cpu/ram :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Return it to the store in question and explain the situation to the manager, unless it is something you are doing wrong and they can prove this by assembling it and making it work in front of you they should give you a refund.

Go with a family member and if you can take a copy of the sale of goods act with you.

well my mum/dad/sis has gone to the carbooty....so ill have to wait for them to get back

i cant even boot up the windows disk to try and reinstall windows :/

Well use the time till they get back to read up on your rights as a consumer, they can offer a replacement or a refund first time at managers discretion but they can not refuse a refund if the same or a simmaler fault has occurred with a replacement device.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom