Which is better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes, by the sounds of it you do have a 64 bit os, and it will be utilized in the sense....i edited my above post as i was writing when you posted.

Yes, stay with the G.Skill.

Dual channel means the motherboard can access two banks of RAM at the same time, treating it as a single unit. this allows it to move data much faster. be sure you put the sticks in the same slots as the original set of 2x2GB sticks were in.

Are you sure it is a 530, and not a 530a or a 530c? According to Dell, the 530 can handle a max of 4GB of RAM, while the 530 a/c can handle up to 8GB.
Documentation

Dual channel means the motherboard can access two banks of RAM at the same time, treating it as a single unit. this allows it to move data much faster. be sure you put the sticks in the same slots as the original set of 2x2GB sticks were in.

Are you sure it is a 530, and not a 530a or a 530c? According to Dell, the 530 can handle a max of 4GB of RAM, while the 530 a/c can handle up to 8GB.
Documentation

All it says is Dell Inspiron 530. It came with a Q6600 if that info helps at all. Dual channel sounds good to me. I'll download cpu-z like luke suggested. And yes, one stick of 3gb was in slot 1 and the other in slot 3.

Documentation

it must be either a or c, because why one earth would it come with 6gb ram already...if it isn't then that is just crazy.

it must be either a or c, because why one earth would it come with 6gb ram already...if it isn't then that is just crazy.

Yea it probably is. It doesn't say it anywhere though. Anyways, am I able to overclock my ram just a little bit? Thanks for all the feedback guys. I +repped you guys. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom