Which Processor + Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're so concerned about the mobo, check out the EVGA x58. I have absolutely no complaints about mine. It is rock solid and it overclocks easily and very well.

What programs are you using? If you're just using like Photoshop and stuff, a gtx260 will be more than enough. You would be absolutely fine with a gtx250 even. Those aren't very dependent at all on GFX cards. They are memory hogs more than anything. If you have CS4, you will be able to do the real time zoom thing but that doesn't really take much GFX power. Its just a new feature.

Its the likes of corel, photoshop, illustrator, some 3d work etc

The problem is, sometime some of the designs im working on are HUGE, maybe metres in size! Thats why i want it to be strong enough to run this, as i have had many problems before.

What you think?

Ya ram will be your biggest limiting factor. If you don't game, you might want to consider getting an FX series card. I don't know if they are in your budget though, they can get pretty pricey.

Does newegg.com prices include all taxes? It works out at £150.00 cheaper from There :eek:

Pitty they dont ship to UK though, but i do have family who stay there, and would easy post it for me. Not sure how much it would cost though? Processor, motherboard, RAM, HD and Vista? Would this be a heavy package?

Just put in the zipcode of where they live and it will show the taxes and how much it will cost to ship it there. I'm guessing it won't cost too much

Well i went ahead and bought it, i got the following:

Intel i7 920
Asus P6T Deluxe V2
OCZ Triple Channel 6gb memory (as suggested)
1TB western Digital Caviar Green.

I am just waiting for my PSU to arrive (Thermaltake Toughpower W0116RB). Now my next problem... which graphics card do i buy?

I wish this was easier! Everythings together and just waiting for the card to fit in!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom