$1000 CND Budget

Status
Not open for further replies.
for $70 more doesn't seem worth it, might as well get the 4870 if we're going over $300 for the graphics card

$240 ($229 with MIR) is quite a decent deal for a regular GTX 260, and it'll be plenty of power for this guy

wait, directcanada is bad, usually long shipping, they have false MIR's sometimes, and have horrible customer service. Price match all those prices at ncix, and ship from them, as they are MUCH better, i have dealt with DC before, it cost me a $70 MIR after waiting 2 weeks for the order.

Cheaper and better at ncix.com....just saying....hate to see someone pay more and get less.

acctually a lot of the stuff at directcanada is cheaper by a little bit, thats why i price match them, and newegg.ca, and use ncix.com

the shipping is free at DirectCanada, and the prices are generally cheaper, shipping is decent as well, even considering it's in Vancouver. I've ordered stuff and had it come in 2 days time...

however, I will agree that they're customer service does indeed suck beyond all things good on this dear earth - actually, it's none-existent, you definitely can't get somebody over the phone if need be, and they're always out of stock in a lot items

anyway, long story short, I built the exact same system through NCIX, price matched. In the end, $50 more for shipping, but peace of mind knowing that if anything goes wrong I'll at least be able to pick up the phone and actually get someone to straighten things out

If I were him I'd go with a 4870 as well, but he's pretty keen on getting an NVIDIA brand card.

free for any orders over $300 my friend ;)

By the way, NCIX offers free shipping on the entire order if you combo a Corsair brand PSU and memory, so I switched the build up with a TX650 and a 4gb pair of dominators

^ the order i placed was larger then 300, was a q6600 and a 9600gt, it was at least $500...perhaps this has not always been like this then, because it was about a year ago.

Since everyone seems to want to give Intel suggestions, I figured I'd come in with an AMD build. It's a decent build, unless he's partial to Intel, this should do quite well in his eyes.

Generally directCanada is better than ncix when it comes to S&H. S&H is probably ncix.com one real deficiency, I find it to be higher than most places (other than newegg.ca which is the worst) unless you can get a promo. What i did this past week when making a couple of orders was pick up the $20 gift card, the promo is if you get the $20 gift card there is free shipping on the order. That way I pay $20, which i just redeem with my next order. Considering I order from them a few times a month its essentially free S&H for me since reclaiming the card costs nothing later, if you don't order frequently then i guess iit may not work for you but it's saved me about $40-$50 this month.

Prices have actually gone up in the past 8-10 months considering the dollar was at par with the US greenback for a while. I bough my brother's friend a cheap dual core build with a 9800gtx and it still costs the same or more now for the same system. and that was back in sept/oct, unheard of that prices would be virtually unchanged in 6-7 months.

If you're set on NVIDIA then there is this 260 216 version for $250:

NCIX.com - Buy EVGA E-GEFORCE GTX 260 Core 216 SC 55NM Mirror 626MHZ 896MB 2.1GHZ DDR3 PCI-E Dual DVI-I Video Card - 896-P3-1257-A1 In Canada.

the none 216 version at ncix.com is $205 so up to you if it's worth the difference.

NCIX.com - Buy EVGA E-GEFORCE GTX 260 576MHZ 896MB 2GHZ GDDR3 PCI-E Dual DVI-I HDCP HDTV Out Video Card - 896-P3-1260-TR In Canada.

Or go with the xfx 250 for $170:

NCIX.com - Buy XFX GeForce GTS 250 738MHZ 512MB 2.2GHZ DDR3 PCI-E Dual DVI-I HDTV Out Video Card - GS250XYDFC In Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom