asus X800XT 256mb costs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yon said:
Nubius may be right.... but only on doom3... So if you're gonna play doom3 and nothing else, sure go Nvidia, but if not don't listen to Nubis, or people that agree with him... Wait a sec, i agreed with him.... Hmm.... excluding me :)

Damn straight:p

Nubius getting on his high horse about Nvida kicking ATi's ass in DOOM3, but what do you think is gonna happen in ATi backed HL2 aswell?:p What you see there in DOOM3 benchies is corporate politics and PR, doesn't mean that either card sucks over another or anything, it means that card was made for that game:confused:

ATi wins the benchies for Far Cry aswell by a large margin:confused:

Give him facts and let him decide for himself;)

Yon said:
Nubius may be right.... but only on doom3... So if you're gonna play doom3 and nothing else, sure go Nvidia, but if not don't listen to Nubis, or people that agree with him... Wait a sec, i agreed with him.... Hmm.... excluding me :)

Nvidia not only rules in Doom 3, but will rule in all future Doom 3 engine games as well. My X800 Pro does well enough in Doom 3 at 1024x768 and no AA, but I don't think that will be the case in future D3 engine games, especially ones with large outdoor environments. I will likely have to take the resolution down to 800x600 or decrease the quality to medium or low.

Originally posted by The Merlin
ATi wins the benchies for Far Cry aswell by a large margin

If my X800 wins on Far Cry, I don't believe its even playable on nVidia cards. :p I get such low framerates is almost a slide show at 1024x768, No AA, 8xAF.....and if I increase the resolution to 1280x1024, the lag becomes so bad that I get shot before I even see who shot me..lol.

beedubaya said:
Nvidia not only rules in Doom 3, but will rule in all future Doom 3 engine games as well. My X800 Pro does well enough in Doom 3 at 1024x768 and no AA, but I don't think that will be the case in future D3 engine games, especially ones with large outdoor environments. I will likely have to take the resolution down to 800x600 or decrease the quality to medium or low.

If my X800 wins on Far Cry, I don't believe its even playable on nVidia cards. :p I get such low framerates is almost a slide show at 1024x768, No AA, 8xAF.....and if I increase the resolution to 1280x1024, the lag becomes so bad that I get shot before I even see who shot me..lol.

The DOOM3 engine point is a good one, but still, Nubuis's attack was just plain fanboyism:rolleyes: He was stating that ATi sucked and Nvidia ruled, whereas its not as clear as that:rolleyes: :p

Its never as simple as something sucks and something else rules:)

If we are talking 6800 Ultra vs. X800 XT, then there is no winner, both are great

But if we are talking 6800GT vs. X800 Pro, then I say go with the GT:confused:

Thats the fact of the matter and it would be nice to hear from Don'tstealmyfish on what he actually is looking at here:p Top notch or mid range cards:confused:

http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2196&p=6

No it's not just doom3. It's a plain and simple fact......ATI Rushed out their X800 card to compete with the (at the time upcoming) release of the 6800.....it's not just Doom and even then people will say 'oh well you can just edit this and that for the ATI card to perform' and where are your facts on the fact that HL2 will be ATI based?

but still, Nubuis's attack was just plain fanboyism

Not quite...I'll admit I like nvidia better, me and agex000 have argued about this many times, but its not fanboyism...you are showing it yourself saying 'oh well its just doom3, what about farcry and hl2' psht man please...when the 6800 was coming out that thing would run farcry all max settings and max resolution flawlessly.

It's not just doom3. The facts are simple that they put more time and effort into the 6800 architecture and I believe ATI Rushed out their equivelant for match.

Nubius getting on his high horse about Nvida kicking ATi's ass in DOOM3, but what do you think is gonna happen in ATi backed HL2 aswell?

Man you guys like to quote me a lot huh? Like I said there is no high horse and it's funny that people are saying 'Wait until HL2 comes out..just you wait nvidia!' riiiiiight people.....the 6800 already owned in FarCry because I read NUMEROUS articles before the 6800 came out and it sliced through that game like nothing. You got a link to article that says 'BTW ATI FANS WILL BE GLAD TO KNOW HL2 IS GONNA BE MADE FOR ATI ARCHITECTURE' I doubt it......so until then....ATI was better in previous generations (does that sound like fanboy?) and Nvidia is owning in these next gen cards too.. Not only that...but they are gonna own ATI's X600 with the nvidias 6600 series to be released later this year....the article I read on that simply states 'the ATI equivelant is a waste of money and this card simply blows it out of the water'

Nubius may be right.... but only on doom3... So if you're gonna play doom3 and nothing else, sure go Nvidia, but if not don't listen to Nubis,

Well I've already stated its not just doom3...and that statement is just retarded 'fanboyism' if you guys want to throw that around. Yeah.......Don't get confused people the 6800 is ONLY MEANT FOR DOOM and can't compete with ATI any other way....BS....get off your own fanboyism high horses there.

EDIT: Oh yeah forgot,
The DOOM3 engine point is a good one,

Agex000 will argue against that one saying the doom3 engine sucks....and he's an ATI fan.....so then whats that? ATI Fanboyism.....Anti-Doom3-ism? Ok....it's just blatently stupid and ignorant to think that that card is good 'only for doom3'....you ATI fanboys need to let it go..ATI outperformed the FX series with their equivelants and nvidia took its reign of supreme back...

:( :( :( More terrible news for me, I wish I never would have bought that piece of sh*t X800 Pro. That card is good for nothing more than target practice, literally. I was just reading some brand new benchmarks that show Nvidia beating ATI in HL2 by nearly the same margins it did in Doom 3. The X800XT P.E. is the only ATi card that will dominate HL2. Man, i wish I had the money because if I did, my computer would be getting a major upgrade to the 6800GT today...

I was just reading some brand new benchmarks that show Nvidia beating ATI in HL2 by nearly the same margins it did in Doom 3. The X800XT P.E. is the only ATi card that will dominate HL2. Man, i wish I had the money because if I did, my computer would be getting a major upgrade to the 6800GT today...

Well looks like nubius isn't such a crazed nvidia FANBOY after all huh......funny how a damn X800 owner is sitting there telling you that you'd be better off going with the eVGA 6800GT....and even if you had the X800xt PE....nvidia would still be able to at bare minimum compete easily against it with their Ultra edition....especially if you bought one from BFG and their OC series of the 6800's which are supposed to be overclocked straight out the box.

People also gotta realize depending on what kind of CPU, RAM, and mobo's are being used in benchmarks. Not every computer is the same :rolleyes:

was just reading some brand new benchmarks that show Nvidia beating ATI in HL2 by nearly the same margins it did in Doom 3

If you do find "new benchmarks" please give the link - As there are many others viewing this thread too :)

Also it seems this thread turned into another Ati vs. GeForce. On the other hand I have seen (and I will give link shorty) benchmarks showing Ati beating Nvidea in Half-Life 2.

It has basically already been proven that 6800 Ultra and GT beat just about everything that Ati has except for the X800XT PE. So until we get good reliable and hands-on results it seems like the X800XT PE and 6800 Ultra are neck and neck.

For not a 'not always' great site, but one you can trust for the most part and most of the time. Here is an article about the X800's and you can make some of your own opinions by looking at Benchmarks and reading the conclusions.

Here is the link: http://graphics.tomshardware.com/graphic/20040504/ati-x800-02.html

Both are great cards and as the 6800 Ultra 'Extreme' comes out Ati will strike back with on par and better and Nvidea will come back and so on. Let games continue

Esse said:
If you do find "new benchmarks" please give the link - As there are many others viewing this thread too :)

Also it seems this thread turned into another Ati vs. GeForce. On the other hand I have seen (and I will give link shorty) benchmarks showing Ati beating Nvidea in Half-Life 2.

It has basically already been proven that 6800 Ultra and GT beat just about everything that Ati has except for the X800XT PE. So until we get good reliable and hands-on results it seems like the X800XT PE and 6800 Ultra are neck and neck.

For not a 'not always' great site, but one you can trust for the most part and most of the time. Here is an article about the X800's and you can make some of your own opinions by looking at Benchmarks and reading the conclusions.

Here is the link: http://graphics.tomshardware.com/graphic/20040504/ati-x800-02.html

Both are great cards and as the 6800 Ultra 'Extreme' comes out Ati will strike back with on par and better and Nvidea will come back and so on. Let games continue

Yes, the discussion has gotten away from me and thats why I have stopped, but I agree with you and you said what I have been saying:p

Nvidia took a leap with the NV40, ATi chose to stick to proven ground and Nubuis chose to pick up on that arguement in his replies:p I can argue the point, but this has gotten blown out of proportion and it must stop now:p

Merlin do you have an email or aim I can contact you with? I have some question about Ati that I think you may know?

I was going for a high end card, i dont really want to mess with overclocking.... ive never done it and i dont want any of my hardware to burn out faster. i might get farcry after my comp is built, i dont really have an interest in doom, although the last one i played was for the sega 32x lol. i have an asus a8v deluxe mobo, two 512mb corsair xms3200 ddr400's and an audigy 2 zs platinum pro sound card ( i liked the extra ports and schtuff...) and i plan to hook it up to my logitech z-680 speakers with a coaxial cable. so whats the best or pretty high end card that will work best with my stuff?
(oh, i dunno if it makes any diffrence but i will have a 74 gb wd raptor as well as a 200 gb wd sata hd.) as i mentioned before i plan on going with the amd 64 fx-53... once i save a few hundred more) thanx for the help, and id appreciate any info on compatibility/performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom