Small HTPC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The extra 100mhz won't make a noticeable difference in performance so I would stick with the 4850e.

There was a 2400 in that sentence too... :p

But I was actually talking about the Avivo HD technology...weren't they implemented with the 2400/2600? Hence why I mentioned them...

Sorry, I misunderstood you.

Different form factor, ITX cases need ITX motherboards, they are for super small computers. Micro ATX is probably too big for that case.

I honestly think the Apex I linked you to will serve you well, it's decently small too.

Baez, you have the Apex? Most of the reviews (I know Newegg reviews are bad or w/e, but I can't ignore them) say the case fan is really loud. Also how's the spring for the front drive bay? Is it really cheap?

I also read that it only comes with one sata power connector... does this mean I need to add something else to have the HDD and DVD drive?

I've used that Apex in over 100 budget builds for clients spit. Not a single one has failed me. I've never had that with any other case. Maybe it's just rediculous luck but with that many I feel more inclined to say it's quality.

Sorry was away the last couple days. Almost all motherboards come with 1 Molex to SATA power adapter so you should be fine.

thanks, and no problem... I decided to tell my mom about it instead of making it a surprise and she was pretty convinced that she didn't want it lol... at least I didn't waste money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom