My New system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braingoo

Baseband Member
I builing a new system here are the specs and Parts im using I have gotten a good deal of info from this forum and a few others just want to know what you guys think or if there is any thing I can improve without adding much to the cost! anyway.

ASUS AV8 DELUX w/ Wifi socket 939
Athalon 64 3500+
Evga Nvidia 6800 GT 256MB
500 watt Ultra X-conect Power Supply
Thermaltake Venus12 CPU heat sink w/ Arctic Silver thermal Paste
2x Maxtor 250GB SATA 7200 RPM harddrives in raid 0

these seem to me to be the absolute best bang for your buck parts i could find and was wondering if you ugys had any other suggestions, I already have a case to put it all in. Just wanted some input on the guts of my new beast! what do you think!

iv heard western digital and seagate HD's are better then Maxtor,

personaly i like Western Digital for there prices's. but im still gana look for a real article that would actually incriminate Maxtor, b4 i total rule it out.

and Raid 0 for a desktop pc, is totally useless, and it just adds more posibility for corruption/data loss. there isnt even bairly any performance increase from raid when playing intensive games. link--> http://www.anandtech.com/storage/showdoc.aspx?i=2101&p=1

if your looking for HD performance, just get something like the 10000rpm Western digital raptor.

Point duley noted!

I do want to try raid for my own knowledge as we use alot of raid servers at work and I want to learn how to set up and run a raid system I may not keep it like that but at least want to try it as for maxtor I have had maxtor drives run for years Ihave also seen them go down in horible wreckage. Simple fac tis I need space and lots of it maxtor is the easiest way to do that.

What if I did this instead

WD 74Gb 10,000RPM raptor SATA drive (for loading OS and Games)

WD 250Gb drive for (Well everything else! Movies, Music Downloads!!!)

I can do this for like $20 more would that give me better preformance?

Hmm That might just be the thing to do then! thanks for the advice the i can just get another 200GB later and play with the raid on that while all installed stuff goes on the 74Gb raptor!

It has Been Orderd!

Newegg is the best i jsut droped about 2,300 in there and hope to get my complete system in the next few days hope it all comes on saturday!!!! I ordered to day and paid the extra $2 to put some stank on it! and get it shipped out today!!!!

Any way here are the Complete specs I think I did good for the money I spent!!! What do you think!

My system
http://secure.newegg.com/app/WishHistoryReview.asp?position=HISTORY&submit=VIEW&ID=996102

all that plus an Ultra 500watt power supply with xconnect from

www.zipzoomfly.com

That is one heck of a system. Only one question, why not buy at least 8x blank DVDs? A lot of burners will burn 12X on 8X blanks DVD+Rs. Even if yours won't the 8X will be well worth the burning time saved. There are sells right now on 8X. I saw some this weekend at OfficeMax on sell. I think they were the better brand.

Also, one of the magazines, I think "PC World" did a test on the different brands of DVD media and found that there are a couple of brands that stand out above the rest, and some brands that are supposedly inferior.

m3incorp said:
That is one heck of a system. Only one question, why not buy at least 8x blank DVDs? A lot of burners will burn 12X on 8X blanks DVD+Rs. Even if yours won't the 8X will be well worth the burning time saved. There are sells right now on 8X. I saw some this weekend at OfficeMax on sell. I think they were the better brand.

Basicaly it was an impulse buy deal of the day!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom