water cooling loop for ~150?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burn

Fully Optimized
im a total noob when it comes to water cooling, and was wondering if i could set up a cpu loop for around 150. possible?

Haha, I am here!

Just a quick note. There is now a subforum at the top of the Overclocking section dedicated to pc cooling.

I'll have a mod move it there.

In the near future I'll be putting together parts lists, and a guide for water cooling.

Now to the matter at hand.

"Can you make a good water cooling loop for $150?"

Yes, but it will definitely pay off if you can find used parts. Browse places like [HardForum], Xtremesystems, and Anandtech for used water cooling parts and you can save a pretty tidy amount.

For a cheap CPU loop I would go for something along these lines.

Petra's Tech Shop

Instead however, have them change the radiator to a MCR220.

Keep everything else the same and you'll have a nice basic loop that can be upgraded, or expanded as the need and or cash arises.

That is a really nice setup...I may look into that later on when I have money for my new 720...

In a few months I'm going to be looking into getting a cpu loop as well. I'll look into that kit as well. What would I need to give the water some blue color?

And how can you get them to change the rad for an MCR220?

Before I had picked out some parts for around 200 bucks: MCP355 pump with an XSPC res top, MCR 220 rad, Apogee GT cpu block, pt nuke, some 1/2" ID green tubing, and some worm drive clamps.

In a few months I'm going to be looking into getting a cpu loop as well. I'll look into that kit as well. What would I need to give the water some blue color?

And how can you get them to change the rad for an MCR220?

Shoot them an email or give them a call and they should do it for ya no problem and then send you a quote for the total.

If you want blue color, add some Pentosin G11, which Petras also sells. It will give your water a lightish blue color.

If you want something more than that, take a look at the Primochill and/or Feser tubing which comes in several colors.

The reason you really don't want to use any dyes or whatnot is because they often will come out of solution and clog up bits like the radiator and cpu block.

Shoot them an email or give them a call and they should do it for ya no problem and then send you a quote for the total.

If you want blue color, add some Pentosin G11, which Petras also sells. It will give your water a lightish blue color.

If you want something more than that, take a look at the Primochill and/or Feser tubing which comes in several colors.

The reason you really don't want to use any dyes or whatnot is because they often will come out of solution and clog up bits like the radiator and cpu block.

Thanks. Not meaning to thread jack here, but I just have 1 more question: if I were to replace that clear tubing with some green or blue feser tubing, how many feet would I need, and how many feet does each order come with?

sweet, thanks for the help aspire. just another question, how cool do you think that will keep my cpu? i usually run my q66 at 3.6 with ~1.45v

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom