Hanging

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that's sorta odd. I would figure if you had a dying drive some sort of error would pop up in chkdsk...yet it still sounds like a dying HDD.

In my personal opinion, I would just get a new drive, install Windows on it, then back up your files from the old drive, and use it as a secondary storage.

The only other thing I can think of would be video card...but it doesn't seem to fit that well. If you have another video card handy, try it out to be sure...but I still hold to the getting a new HDD.

Though that is my own personal opinion based on my experiences.

hmmm.......went into Hardware manager and noticed a yellow icon by my 2nd IDE channel; it says it doesn't have enough resources to work properly! I'd guess this is my HDD.....so, I went in and disabled some of the items using the same type of memory (IRQ): standard floppy disk controller, SATA controller (didn't even know this comp had), UAA bus for HD audio, and a COM Port (not even on the comp?). Going to see if it does any better; if so, what do I need to do? I didn't think RAM is an issue (1G installed), so what else do I need to up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom