NorthWood VS. Prescott

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've actually heard that if you're into OCing your CPU, the northwood 2.4 is like one of the better (better than the Prescott core) processors out there with which to do it. I have *no* experience with this, but I heard it through the grapevine...just figured I'd throw in my $0.02 for what it's worth. Cheers!

gizmo, take it from me, you do not want a Prescott core if you are geting a 2.8, I did (not knowing about the core diffs at the time) and now my IDLE temp is 50C, whereas this other guy got a Northwood, and his idle temps were like 20C, See the diff?

I don't have the heat issue like everyone else says. Even overclocked I don't get over 43C if I push my comp hard running 3.3ghz on my prescott 3.2 chip. This is with the stock heatsink and fan.

Yeah, but what did apokalipse say? Yours prolly isn't going above 43C 'cause you got a 3.2. Mine can get up to 59C when running simple games, why? because it is 2.8

I have a 3.0 Northwood oc'd to 3.6 all day, everyday. With a Zalman cu heatsink/fan I never get over 43 deg. full load. I say just get a good heatsink/fan and you cant go wrong either way. If it was me, I would get the Northwood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom