Something wrong - VERY VERY low 3dmark06 score.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just ran Crysis Warhead, and with everything on just high settings, with a 1680 resolution, and no AA, no Vsync, averaged 14 fps. Something is frickin' wrong. I am about to switch cards now.

If the new card still acts bad, I will switch the card into the other pc, and try that.

I just reseated it again, and it still reads the same thing. Any ideas as to what's going on?

I had this exact same problem with my 8800GTS when bought it. It read that it was at 1x PCI-E. I solved it by re-seating it and making sure its really firmly in there. So try and be a bit more forceful with it, because it seems like its exactly the same problem, also make sure there is no dust in the slot and even get some connective oil an spray it in there (cant remember what its called but it helps the connections in electrical equipment).

Alright, I will be a little mean with it. Oh, and by the way! The 9800 GT reads just fine. Here's a screen.

Going to run 35mark, bench Crysis, and if all is fine, reseat that GTX 260 with a little hatred.

Attachments

• newscreen.jpg
    newscreen.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 67
10496 with the XFX 9800gt, which is sounding right to me.

Lol, ok, tough love it gets! I am glad that the problem was at least located.

Thanks everyone for the help! I'm still going to uninstall and reinstall the drivers this one last time

reseated it again, very firmly, and it is still, apparently, in a PCI x1 slot. I guess the card is just shot? ****, and I was really trying to give nVidia a chance!

The 9800GT only consumed one slot, and did not cover the slot beneath the PCI-E x16 slot; however, the GTX 260 is so big that it covers the PCI slot beneath the express 16x slot. Maybe if I disable the PCI slots? Or if I tape over that PCI slot? I know it sounds bad, but I don't want to buy a new card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom