Vista not seeing HDDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyrocide

Baseband Member
Hi there,

I have the P5N-D mobo, 4G Gskill ram, 2 WD 160G HDDs, and a single 320 WD HDD. I am trying to load Home Premium 64 bit on my home built but when I get to the partition screen for Vista I try loading in the RAID drivers designated from the driver disc by floppy and by the actual CD i got with the mobo and nothing will show up when i have the check box for "Filter drivers that will not work with hardware installed" checked.

Now I know the BIOS is seeing all three of my drives. But again when i get to the partitioning screen it only sees 1x 160 and the 320. I know for a fact that I can get this computer running Vista, as I have had it on there before with dual boot of Kubuntu. I got the 320 to serve as a backup. (its not being left in unallocated for the time being)

The set up I am wanting is to only want to use one 160 for the Vista install and the other for Debian 5.0. Is there something I am doing wrong here?

Some of the trouble shooting steps I have taken.

-> Unhooked all drives except for 1 and tried it, still same response BIOS can see it but the Vista partitioning will not accept drivers or allow me to procede any further after install all Vista 64 drivers on the CD for the mobo. (did the same for the other HDDs as well)

-> Tried different SATA ports on my mobo with all HDDs

I really wanted to give Vista another shot now that SP1 is out and more bugs have been fixed, and now with a semi-decent relase data of 7 around the corner might as well get it back up and running...but honestly it seem that it is more trouble than its worth.

Thanks again

(I didn't know wether this is a HW or SW trouble shooting issue, so its posted in both.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom