New video card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
well, we all know for a fact that the GTX 260 only needs two six pin connectors :)

and the voltage tuner lets you increse the voltage going to the GPU to a certain amount. i have no experiance with the voltage tuner so i cant comment on how high it can go. also my GTX 260 will get here on monday. so then i can tell you how high i have gotten mine.

^I'll probably be ordering Monday, maybe today (probably wont make much of a difference though) Hopefully I will be selling my 4850 to a kid at school (he is getting an amazing deal on it because when I RMA'd it they sent me back an open box card with hardly anything in it... He is getting it for $60 because open box ones go for like $100 on newegg)

So every GTX 260 is 2 6 pin power connectors? I really hope that they will drop the price on that thing back to $200, maybe they will be cheaper monday but if not I will probably wind up getting the Black edition or the one from EVGA.

why did you have to rma your 4850?

Thought there was something wrong with the card because when I pressed the power button on my computer and the only thing that would happen was the power led would come on and nothing else would happen. I took out the video card and it booted (well all the fans spun and the lights turned on) I made a post on tech forums and a couple people said it was probably a bad video card so I RMA'd it... When I didn't have it I was using some 15 year old PCI card and it still had the same issue :( When I got back the card all that was in the box was the card, the driver disk and one converter didn't even get the fancy box, but the card I did get OC's MUCH better then my old one. This one I have gotten 750/1100 stable. The other one gave me artifacts at stock speeds.

So anyways that's good that they all take 2 6 pin power connectors. Now I don't have to worry about which card I get. :)

Thank you. You are the first person that I can remember who actually
recommended a store other than Newegg! Anyone tried Provantage?
That's where I got some of my parts , including my P182 , and I had no
problems. I think we all should shop around more...it'll keep Newegg prices low!!

The reason we only recommend newegg is because if you do have a problem and need to make a return/rma newegg customer service is awesome unlike tigerdirect and many other companies. Its not like they are selling bad products, they just aren't as good of a company. They even had the wrong picture up for the GTX260 causing 35g700 to get so confused. That is the reason everybody here recommends newegg.

I'll probably get the one off newegg because its now down to $209 :)

Thanks for the help though, it's very much appreciated.

They even had the wrong picture up for the GTX260 causing 35g700 to get so confused. That is the reason everybody here recommends newegg.

i was even a little bit confused on that one, till i was like stupid TD. and i had to go to the nvidia website just to confirm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom