put in new SONY 52x burner...some probs

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOOMINJEEP

Baseband Member
ok well I have just recently bought a Sony CRX320E 52x32x52x16 cd burner/dvd player.
i got it out of the package and wired it up with IDE cable and power and made sure the jumper was the same as the drive it was replacing(that being the master slot on jumpers)
this is an OEM drive, so no directions.
a 4 pin cable came with it....for audio i guess, but i dont know where on my motherboard it goes. if anyone wants to help i have the DFI WT70-EC.

anyways, when i first put in the drive...and went to my computer i would see...."D Drive"
then i took it out to make sure the jumper was in the correct place...and now i see DVD/CD-RW drive D. which is fine but it changed.
either way....when i put a disc in (audio) it will not immediately bring up media player to play it like my last one. so there is no autoplay going on, but even worse, while the drive is there, the discs arent read by it even when in there.
not audio, not programs, nothing.
what is going on! :mad:

i have windows xp pro btw.

Does the cd light turn on.The drive could be DOA You could try cable select instead of master.Also the 4pin cable plugs onto your sound card if you have one if not there will be a place to plug it in on your motherboard if you have on board sound.

yes the light will come on.
the drive spins the cd...just never sees or comes up with any contents.:confused: :angry: :mad: :(

it is on the IDE port fine as far as i know.
the IDE cable also has a connection to another cd/dvd drive(as it did before).
there is no harddrive on this IDE, 2 HDD on other IDE cable

Are you able to explore the disc when inserted? Right click on drive and click explore. If nothing works, you may always go to the device manager and delete the drive from there. Reboot and windows will install a fresh set of drivers if they were corrupted. Also check under the same device manager if there is a yellow exclamation point beside your drive which would indicate a conflict of some sort.
Make sure the other drive is set to slave if this one is set to master.
Check on manufacturer's site for a firmware update.

device manager deleting it, rebooting and reinstall didnt work. put old drive in and thank goodness i did cuz i had a data disc in there i forgot about. it read it right away.
the damn sony 52x i ordered from newegg doesnt read shit!@

I have had problems with sony drives myself. Once with a sony cd-rom and once with a sony 3½ floppy drive. Luckily I was able to use a CD-doctor to fix what the cd-rom did to the cd, but the floppy disc was not so lucky. I would see if I could send it back if I where you.

(ps. I love newegg, sony is to blame)

BOOMINJEEP said:
device manager deleting it, rebooting and reinstall didnt work. put old drive in and thank goodness i did cuz i had a data disc in there i forgot about. it read it right away.
the damn sony 52x i ordered from newegg doesnt read shit!@

Dude...u cant swear on this forum!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom