dead laptop can I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

simpleton

Solid State Member
I've got a 2 year old laptop with a burnt out Mobo, would it be possible to wire it to my tower to use the screen, keyboard and anything else that can be used.

it is possible, if you have a good understanding. I have always wanted to try this with a laptop screen for i could put it flat on a wall but i don't have an old laptop that i would like to take apart. You might be able to find a guide on google about this.... but i doubt anyone here can give instructions on how to acomplish this, this is something you would have to experiment with and try different ways. So google it...

well I have an old CRT screen and the laptop has a LCD windscreen, so i'm looking to save some money. I'm kind of a cheap person, and why wouldn't I want to.

If it helps it a HP Pavilion dv6000

I have tried googleing it I just get linked to other forums were people have the same question.

While technically possible it's not practical or easy to do you would be better off just buying a cheep flat screen monitor.

It's not straight forward, you need to have a pretty good understanding of electronics to pull it off. I doubt you'll find a step-by-step guide anywhere for this. Honestly it's probably a lot more trouble than it's worth for that reason.

I have found that I need to buy a LCD controller card this can cost $150.00 and up, the only website that I could find other than the manufacturer witch will not do a order for one person, was a site that I wouldn't even trust to give my email address to. So if I could find a computer salvage store than maybe.

so if anyone knows of one in Ontario. say something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom