New build could use lots of help on choosing the right parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

i usually see this EVGA board recommended with i7 builds. what makes it better than the rest? what other boards are comparable. seems like some are good, but none really great, or so the newegg reviews go.

Man you guys ROCK! I am getting a little excited here. I really like both builds I might even mix and match some parts together. Any other suggestions of what would be a nice addition to a computer like this? How much different is a video card of 1gb between the 256bit and 512bit? By the way nice addition with the DVD burner. Can't forget that.

That Evga has X58 chipset, which is required for i7. Other comparable ones are Biostar X58, Asus P6T, Gigabyte UD5...etc. I usually don't go by newegg reviews, most of them people don't know what they're talking about.

Man you guys ROCK! I am getting a little excited here. I really like both builds I might even mix and match some parts together. Any other suggestions of what would be a nice addition to a computer like this? How much different is a video card of 1gb between the 256bit and 512bit? By the way nice addition with the DVD burner. Can't forget that.

1Gb versions handle bigger resolutions better than 512mb, like 1920 x 1200 and above.

I compared the specs of the two motherboards listed in the posts and from the price, comments, and specifications the EVGA looks a tad better. I see it has a few more ports onboard. Both look very cool and very good.

1Gb versions handle bigger resolutions better than 512mb, like 1920 x 1200 and above.

I guess I was meaning the difference between the 256 bit and 512 bit?

You mean the interface type? It really doesn't matter tbh, just as long as the GPU is powerful enough to do what you need, you'll be fine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom