Huge stuttering problem with new computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

kershner

Baseband Member
Alright, so I recently bought and put together a new computer. Here are the specs.
Q9400
Sapphire 4870 512mb
Biostar TP45HP Mobo
Vista Ultimate 64
OCZ Ram 2x2gb
Corsair 550w PSU
Samsung DVD Burner

The main problem I'm having is a HUGE stutter with the games I've tried (Oblivion and Bioshock). There isn't constant stuttering, just one large stutter that lasts for about 30 seconds and occurs quite frequently in my games to the point where they are unplayable. I O/Ced the processor to 3.4ghz last night, and ran Prime95 overnight. No errors, everything stable. I just flashed my mobo to the latest bios from the website as well, although I believe I was already up to date.

Are there any known issues of this happening with any of these particular components? I've dialed back everything to default values in the BIOS, stutter still happens. Looking for any help at all, thanks guys.

Temps get as high as about 68 in Bioshock. Watching the CCC overdrive panel (card isn't overclocked, btw), and as soon as the stuttering occurs the activity drops to zero and the temp starts to fall. I don't know if this is indicative of a problem with the card or just what should occur when it stutters.

I've gone in and disabled all running anti-virus software, as I read of a similar problem occurring with a/v software interfering, but no luck.

Any other ideas?

EDIT - Huge stutter right at the beginning of HL2: EP 2.

Pretty safe to say most games are going to stutter. Really glad I spent $1200 on this **** that won't even play games. Does anyone have any idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom