Can someone give me advice on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oglscrub4life

Beta member
Hello guys....

I just bought a Quad core comp and crysis along with it, it ran SOOOO smooth on very high settings at a high resolution...but now that I installed some other games like COD4, CSS and TF2, my FPS is the fail...its kinda sketchy ya know?

anyways I know that these games take up space but i didnt think that they would make this much of a difference....

I'm looking on advice on how to get it (the comp) back how it was

SPECS:
2x 9800GTX+
350GB hard drive
Quad core CPU 9550 or 9950 :\

sorry for the bad grammer it's just im kinda tired... :freak:

thanks for the HELP!

How long have you had your computer? Are you sure you don't have
any viruses/malware infecting it? Update drivers/do a clean install of games/maybe u will have to reformat?

Also, do you have Norton antivirus or any other Norton software installed? It has caused a lot of people (myself included) problems. I used to like Norton-until it slowed everything down.
-Pure

If it can run Crysis it should devour those other games. While I wouldn't suggest a reformat right off the bat
angry.gif
, we definitely need to look at some things.

How much RAM do you have in your computer?

Since you just bought the computer, I doubt that you are having dust problems. it wouldn't hurt to open it up and look, maybe go ahead and blow it out.

What graphics driver are you running (version number)? Since you are running SLI it is very important to use the latest drivers to keep you performance at its peak with new games.

Unless you have really crammed stuff into it, your hard drive shouldn't be full. Check to see how much room it has left. Also along this line, do a defrag. While Windows has a defrag built in, I prefer to use O&O for mine, but the Pro edition is not free. Give Defraggler a shot, or Auslogics Disk Defrag. Both are free.

Go ahead and run a spyware scan or two. Use Malwarebytes Anti-Malware a spin for it.

Double-check your anti-virus. Try Trend Micro HouseCall - Free Online Virus and Spyware Scan - Trend Micro USA for a free online scan with one of the top AV engines.

Not to get off topic at all here but anyone had Housecall issue's with the new JAVA?
I tried to run it on several systems and it says "not installed" but it is. it only been since the new release.

Just hunch. I could be wrong. Let's call it an educated guess.

He has 2gig of ram. When he first got he PC he installed Crysis on a fresh install. Played it with great performance. At the time he didn't have much running in the background. Over time, he installed various things that are now running in the background. Apps, Services... etc...

Now when he plays games, he's playing with less ram available.

Also, he hasn't defragged his HDD in awhile and it's in dire need of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom