Choosing new monitors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okie Dokie... Found out that I DO get a discount through work, 7%, which isn't bad when we are taking $500+

Right now, there are really only 2 contenders for my new monitor. It will DEF be a Dell monitor, but it will be either:

Dell UltraSharp 2408WFP - $642 shipped
Panel Size:
24" / 24"
Panel Type:
VA - Vertical alignment
Maximum Resolution:
1920 x 1200
Contrast Ratio:
1300:1 (typical)
Brightness:
400cd/m2 (typical)
Response Time:
6 ms (gray to gray) typical
Viewing Angle:
178° / 178° (typical)
Color Support:
16.7 million colors; 110% color gamut
Pixel Pitch:
0.270 mm

Dell UltraSharp 2709W - $668.32 shipped

Panel Size:
27" / 27"
Panel Type:
VA - Vertical alignment
Maximum Resolution:
1920 x 1200
Contrast Ratio:
3000:1 (dynamic) typical
Brightness:
400cd/m2 (typical)
Response Time:
6 ms (gray to gray) typical
Viewing Angle:
178° / 178° (typical)
Color Support:
1.07 billion colors; 110% color gamut
Pixel Pitch:
0.303 mm

I love Dell monitors so much... I want to take one behind the school and get it pregnant. (thx 30 rock quote)

My wonderful girlfriend is going to be ordering it for me (with my money of course)... She ALSO gets Dell discounts through work, and she IS able to get a $40ish dollar discount on the 2709W. Strangely enough, it only works out to $20ish discount, because she has to pay $19.99 for shipping, whereas It was coming with free shipping for me. Still a little cheaper for her though.
I am going to be searching far and wide for a coupon code for this too. I HAVE the money, but the more I can save, the more I can put towards another XFX HD 4870. ;)

Thanks thirdshiftdj! And spit-wad, you have fun with that (stay away from my monitor!)

Thanks for the link man! I JUST orderd the monitor though. $615.19 shipped. I looked at the re-furb 2709w's, and they are $599 refurb, but I got my new one for that, WOO HOO!!

Unit price on NEW 2709W is $579...
NORMAL price on the 2709W is $849, but there is now a $270 instant savings, up from $220 last week.

I can't WAIT till the 2709W gets here. Man, could have used that $615 for other stuff though.... NAHHH!

Nice. Thats a sick monitor. I think monitors are the most overlooked part of any build. Gaming and/or movies should be sweet. Enjoy it!

Thanks man. I will have to post up some pics when it gets here, and when I FINALLY get my office cleaned.
I would have to agree with you on the monitor being overlooked. ****, when I made my first post, I wasn't even AWARE that there were different TYPES of LCD panels. I thought they were all one in the same, the higher prices buying name brands, and bettern construction. I would have to say that a close 2nd place would be the PSU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom