Need cheap mobo, gpu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bah, Mario would only be about $20, for $50 they have it going through the Great One.

I have no freakn idea what's up with the "handling" fees. Is why I rarely order from the egg a la Canada. Just a rip off. As for what's going on up here....ask dem Americanos down in Cali where I think this stuff is coming from (could be wrong though).

Subtotal: $494.42
Handling: $64.45
Shipping: $52.53
Grand Total: $611.40

That's craptastic!

Their explenation:

"Handling fees include Canadian sales taxes paid at the border on your behalf, in accordance with the following table. Please refer to the included table and diagram below for the applicable tax rates for you province. Tax is applied to the items in your order as well as the $1.00 USD customs brokerage fee. Tax is not applied to the cost of shipping."

That sort of makes sense except if they are shipping from California i don't think they need to charge us taxes, i know that other stores only charge if you are ordering from the same province, i only pay some taxes when ordering from ncix which is based out of province, one of the reasons i order from them, makes up for shipping costs.

As for shipping, the only option is UPS for $52.53 or expedited for $140.

Trotter, i did take your recommendation on the case, found a cheap one elsewhere for ncix to match it to and I'm now under $500. Now just have to decide on the q6600 vs 8400, had the 6600 in the cart but now have swapped it out for the 8400, lol, DECISIONS!

Simple, NEITHER ONE. :D

My 4200 X2 would be plenty for what the rig will be used for. Just keep the purpose in mind. They don't need a whole lot of power... a dual core will be plenty. Nor will they need a lot of GFX power. not that you will skimp on them, but you don't have to pack it in like you would for a Crysis machine. After all, my wife's 6600GT would run The Sims 2 just fine.

Go with a lower-end dual core (if Intel), or a mid-range AMD one. You could go with a mid-range 3xxx GFX card and still do them great.

Lol, the q6600/e8400 is for me, not them, that would be overkill...I have an e5200 that is being crippled by my multitasking and HD home video stuff. The plan is that I'll upgrade to the q6600 or e8400 and then sell them my e5200 as part of their build for cheap, helps keep the build under $500 this way. I'm leaning back towards the q6600 so i can use it for some smp folding down the road when i decide to try linux.

Yeah, they don't need much, figured the e5200 and the 9500gt will do them well, total came to about $485, going through ncix I caught a free S&H promo that helped reduce it more....crazy, the final price difference for the same build between newegg.ca and ncix.com was over $140 in favour of ncix. I haven't been impressed with newegg.ca to this point. I've order a few things from them, most recently some OEM processors that all had bent pins. Atleast their RMAs are free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom