First Time Build, Motherboard advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

darz1984

Solid State Member
Hi Guys,

I am in the process of getting all the parts together i need for my first build.

I have decided to use the Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 processor, but i am stuck between motherboards! Ihave narrowed it down to the following:

1. Asus P5Q Deluxe
2. Asus P5N-T Deluxe
3. Asus Maximus Formula II

What do you reckon? Im no computer expert, so no overclocking or messing about with the functions will be happening! I just want a steady, FAST, reliable computer i can use for my graphic design (Corel, Photoshop etc) and some light gaming.

My budget is round about 150-175!

Thanks

But will the cheaper ones perform asweel in speed? I would rather ay a bit extra if it is gonna make a difference as i want it to be a quick system, my old system has gradually slowed down, almost to a stop! :laughing:

But will the cheaper ones perform asweel in speed? I would rather ay a bit extra if it is gonna make a difference as i want it to be a quick system, my old system has gradually slowed down, almost to a stop! :laughing:

Yep. So long as the motherboard supports FSB of 1333 for your CPU, and supports the speed and amount of RAM you are getting, it will not make a difference how expensive it is in most cases. The gradual slowing down is inevitable after years or work on it.

Ok, then i think i will take your advice!

If you were going to buy one of the boards i mentioned, what would you buy? Thinking of building another to mess about with!

If you want something very good and for the most overclocking oriented, I'd get the Maximus Formula or maybe even look into the Rampage formula.

I would go with the biostar TP45HP gt7sanremo posted since it is the best overclocker and is reasonably priced.

Ok guys, i know this is wrong but here goes!

For my first system, i keep getting pulled towards the Maximus Formula. Am i gonna cause myself any problems buying this for a newbie? I also wanna get into gaming, Xbox is getting boring now!

If you do not want to mess with overclocking, get the TP45. The maximus formula is basically a waste unless you are an overclocking enthusiast and plan to do some other pretty big things which you are not, so don't worry about it. It cost too much too. :p

Oh and Puddle Jumper isn't the Biostar I45 the best overclocker? The TP45 is the younger/cheaper brother?

The TP45HP isn't as good as the I45 but it is still one of the top p45's as far as overclocking is concerned. I meant that it was the best overclocker out of the boards mentioned so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom