Problems with my New Build - Any Advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Natalie105

Baseband Member
I recently ordered some components from eBuyer to build my own PC but I am experiencing problems trying to get my new build to work. I have the following motherboard

ASUS P5N73-AM GeForce 7050 Socket 775 onboard Graphics 8 channel audio mATX Motherboard - Ebuyer

and the following memory

OCZ 4GB (2x2GB) DDR2 800Mhz/PC2-6400 GOLD XTC Memory Kit CL5(5-5-5-18) - Ebuyer

and the following HDD

Western Digital WD2500AAKS Caviar SE 250GB 7200RPM SATAII/300 16MB Cache - OEM - Ebuyer

When I had completed putting all the components together, I started experiencing problems straight away. On the first boot up, I could not get
any signal to my monitor. After trying many things, I decided to take one of the two 2GB of memory sticks out, and then I was able to get signal.
Minutes later I decided to try and boot up my PC again with both sticks of memory in, and it worked fine reading 4GB of memory being recognised in the
BIOS and on the motherboard.

Another problem was trying to load an operating system on. I still had both of the memory sticks in totalling 4GB and I was unable to load an OS on. Upon setup, I was greeted with a blue error screen which caused my PC to restart everytime I tried to install the OS (Windows Vista Ultimate x64) Again I decided to take one of the two memory sticks out, and I was able to load Windows, but as soon as I put the other memory stick back in, Windows would not boot, but 4GB of memory was still being recognised in BIOS. I was unable to access Windows, but I could still get into BIOS.

For the time being, I left one of the two memory sticks out until I could get any solutions for my problem, however after installing Windows, I still
had many problems.

Many different blue error screens come up whilst I'm browsing the internet, installing updates and even whilst my PC is left on but not being
used and cause my PC to shut down.

I'm not sure whether the problem is being caused by my HDD, Motherboard or my Memory.

I have contacted OCZ about a week or two ago and have just sent a similar e-mail to Asus. OCZ sent me a form to fill out for a RMA replacement, but I have not gone through with that as I am not sure what the cause may be.

I have checked both sticks of memory individually in both slots and they both seem to be working fine, along with the slots.

Does anyone know if I will need to replace my memory, motherboard or HDD?

I have had some technical help from a family member and he did not know what to do, other than to replace the motherboard.

I have tried changing the Jumper Settings in the BIOS, increasing voltage, changing memory timings and so on. I have also made sure I have got all the
latest updates from Windows and updates for the BIOS. I have also formatted the HDD and installed Windows 4 times to make sure it is not an installation error.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom