600$ Budget Build???

Status
Not open for further replies.

caltraskoo

Baseband Member
I am going to do a project at school and I am just wondering how much I have to spend to get a bare minimum decent gaming computer. Since this is a project and counts for a HUGE grade, I must know exactly what I am doing. I do not know much about computer hardware, but I know how to install most computer parts. I am in the process of reading several guides to help me.

Monitor is not needed nor is mouse or keyboard

I need (List more if I am wrong)
Motherboard (are 90$ SLI Motherboards worth it?)
OS (XP perferred, 64-bit is a must)
Processor (At least 2.5 Dual Core or 2.0 Quad)
Hard Drive (250G 7200RPM)
Disk Drive (Just basic, don't neeed much)
Graphics Card Must be DDR3 @ 512 MB (Don't want DDR2, and I want something ALOT better than a junkie 9500GT I have)
Computer Case (30-40$ would be great, I would like a side window)
Power Supply (500W perferred as I may go Crossfire)
RAM (4G minimum, doesn't matter speed)

Thanks

For the OS I would recommend Vista Home Premium 64-bit. it's much more stable and reliable than XP Pro x64. The rest of the system then has to fit in a $500 budget, and you want a decent gaming graphics card, so this may be tricky to get everything you are wanting.

EDIT: Hikari's build is pretty good. If you want to get the price down without MIR's you can use this PSU:
Newegg.com - Rosewill RP500-2 500W ATX12V v2.01 Power Supply - Power Supplies

And this case:
Newegg.com - Sunbeam Silent Storm IC-SS-SVBK Black/Silver Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

That should drop the overall price by $40 before MIR's and leave you at around $594.

Cool on the PSU, but that case has 20 dollar shipping, my case has none. ;) That's why I picked it...after shipping it's the same cost before the MIR.

Cool on the PSU, but that case has 20 dollar shipping, my case has none. ;) That's why I picked it...after shipping it's the same cost before the MIR.

Shoot good point. I didn't even notice that. I'm so used to having like almost everything with free shipping through newegg. :p

EDIT: Oh and Trotter, he says he wants something BETTER than a 9500GT :D

It's cool mate. :p

And yeah Trot, he said he wanted a budget gaming computer with something better than the 9500GT. :p

As do I. That's the newest and best dual core AMD CPU so it should handle rather well for what he needs. I mean my 5400+ BE has been plenty for gaming (paired with 4GB RAM and 4830).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom