Thoughts on this laptop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if the link selects the options you selected, but I would definately go with 4 gig ram (it wasn't selected when i went there).

Are you in a different country where you have to go through ipower or other international providers?

My thoughts on that laptop, and any laptop for that matter, is don't buy, unless you absolutely need a portable computing option. But that's just me. It also depends on your financial situation. (obviously)
-Pure

My thoughts on that laptop, and any laptop for that matter, is don't buy, unless you absolutely need a portable computing option. But that's just me. It also depends on your financial situation. (obviously)
-Pure
I totally agree with this statement. I'm on a 'gaming' laptop now and honestly I wish I would have just purchased a cheap, portable laptop for my data needs and build a good gaming desktop for games and movies.

I personally feel like you should have a really awesome desktop/main computer, and if you must have something for travel, grab a netbook. I mean, netbooks pretty much do anything you need to do minus gaming and stuff.

I suggest you go with a ASUS or Dell, and just as hikaricloud said, it is a good idea to get a netbook for travel.

If you go with Dell, be patient and wait for an awesome deal. While they don't happen often, they do every now and again. Just keep checking their website. I saved over $1,000 on mine when I got it due to the deal found.

Also, I suggest you be absolutely sure that you want/need a laptop. Your money will go much much further with a desktop, and IMO laptops arent really conducive for gaming. But its your money, so do with it as you please.
-Pure

If you are getting a gaming notebook make sure the thing is still small and light. I recommend only getting a dedicated gpu as a secondary or tertiary objective. Your main goal should be size, weight, heat and battery life. If a gpu fits into the equation after everything else then go ahead. if not then don't waste your time. A big heavy laptop is the worst thing to be carrying in your bag. Your shoulder will hate you and when your battery dies not halfway through that dvd on the flight you will hate yourself.

Also, don't buy a Mac, that's coming from someone who owns one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom