Video Cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shumway

Fully Optimized
Hi all.
I'm looking at upgrading my vid card to sumthing a little better,right now i am stuck between 2 card's the 9600xt ultra and the 9800,i was wondering which 1 would give me more bang for the buck since they are both in my price range($200 cnd)I wish i had more to spend but i am on a very tight budget:(

If you wait until a later this year the nvidia geforce 6600 with 128mb of DDR3 memory and 8 pipelines will be coming out and even that will blow the previous generation cards out of the water including the X600 that'll be coming out and it'll be $199...other than that I Believe a 9600xt Ultra would be more powerful than just the normal 9800 but you need AGEX000 to come into this thread cause he'll give you better info about ATI.

Thanx Nubius.

The 9600xt ultra was the 1 i was leaning towards,as for the gforce i have no use for a bigger card the 9600xt will last me a long time since i'm not a big gamer,i was talking 2 the guy where i get my stuff from and he said he would give me a lot better deal if i buy sumthing else,that's fine by me since i was gonna get a new hard drive and a few other thing's anyway's:)

dude, get a sapphire ati 9800pro and get an artic cooling vga silencer and oc that bad boy!!! You can at least get it to 9800xt speeds!!!! and that will pay any game at high....i played doom3 on high with little to no lag before oc! It is less than $200 on newegg and the vga silencer is about $15 shipped as well! It is the most bang for your buck right now. That is why buying an 9600xt would be pointless...9800pro is better stock....and the only thing higher i would recommned is the 6800, that being $450 (to much),

lev2323

i won't need a 9800pro the 9600xt will be more than enough for what i need, and you mention newegg but i can't even order from there since they don't ship to canada, and even if they did i can still get the same thing over here cheaper after the exchange rate, but thanx for the idea anyway's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom