Completely new to building a computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats wrong with the Gigabyte 780g? I mean, I know its micro and stuff, but the board itself is fine.

Oh and I'm actually building a computer for my cousins husband, using that combo with the Biostar 790gx on Saturday. Should be pretty sweet.

Well first off, I wouldn't pair a 780G with a 940. ;P Also, the 790GX and 940 is a $50 off combo, so that's a win win right there. I just figure with his budget he could afford to get a better mobo. ;) Nothing wrong with a 780G on a budget though.

Also, I'm getting the 720 combo this week myself. ;)

Alright, so things I should know before I make this thing blow up:

What tools do you recommend I get?

What's the step's your supposed to go, like, motherboard then cpu then psu or psu, mother board, cpu, ram or something else.

Ive read about putting some gel on the cpu under the fan for cooling, am I supposed to do that?

When i get the thing running do I install Vista then after that install the drivers and then put my anti-virus in and then I can play some games?

Anyone have the answers?

I generally install the cpu, cpu cooler and ram on the motherboard before putting it in the case.

The cooler included with the cpu will already have the thermal paste applied to it so you don't have to worry about that.

Once you get the system put togther go into bios and set the correct ram voltage and check to see if it is set up to boot from a cd/dvd so you can install windows. Once windows is installed install the drivers and av and you are good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom