Restoring a laptop to factory settings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

4514n5

Beta member
Hello I have a Toshiba Satellite L355D-S7815. Model No.: PSLE8U-00M00W, Serial No.: 88251379Q. I have got a virus and spyware on this laptop, and now it won't respond to any of my commands! (Won't open internet to right page, random offline pop-ups.) Now the internet is busted and it will not work! So I back upped my data to DVD+R. Now I am ready to restore my laptop to its original state. (Yes I have a recovery portion, it is called Recovery). However, I am having some trouble restoring the laptop, I got to the Restore to original settings or whatever. I'm having trouble at this step because it asks if I have a cd, and if I don't. (If I don't, use a factory image cd or w/e). So I stopped there because I have the CD's, but I still have my back-up cd's. I looked online, but there was no solution. So do I have to use the CD's or can I use the recovery portion on the computer? (And then load my data from the backup cd's)? Help please?

-Thanks, James Choi

Reboot and enter the recovery partition that way. Should tell you to press a key during the POST screen (where it shows the Toshiba logo).

No, that's what the recovery partition is for, so you don't need to use recovery CD's.

Ok! Thanks, but how would i get to that menu? (like hit F8 or w/e). Thanks so much in advance anyway! (Is there a guide to as said above ^^)

Thanks, but do I have to use the cd's? (because i have a recovery partition)

I have long lost faith in recovery CDs for notebooks. Half of them don't even work. The other half just installs extra garbage don't need.

Just boot from a normal windows Xp / Vista Cd and the install using the serial number from your notebook. The download the drivers from Toshiba's website.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom