black screen on bootup

Status
Not open for further replies.
I looked over your BIOS manual yesterday and saw there was a few "power" settings that would cause that issue. Instead of having you head to your BIOS and find them I decided to have you clear your CMOS.

Why? Because the settings that would cause that issue were not default. The default settings are actually what you want.

If so some reason it happens again... let me know. I'll see what I can do to help you iron it out. But, I'm glad it seems back to normal now.

yeah it done it again but this time the computer booted up

it loaded i went to check ebay and the whole thing crashed the screen went dissoreented

it went like a yellowy color but you could still see the ebay page

i need to get this fixed but if i dont i think im gonna return it to the shop if they let me and i hope they frigging do!

black screen still!!!

I am still geting a black screen on bootup

it does not load windows up at all and i dont even get the post screen it just goes black

when i go to restart it that doesnt work tso i can have turn it off by the power button but then the blue power button stays on

i though it might of been a driver issue but it wasnt i uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers...that didnt help

im stuck can anyone help!?!?!?

Re: black screen still!!!

This needs to be posted on your other thread if you already have one out there. Reason being you've abviously already tried a bunch of things and how are we supposed to know what you've done? If we had the original thread to look through we'd know where to start.

So it is black the entire time? Or does it go black after the post screen?

My initial thought is a video card.

yeah its black the entire time

after like it being off for 8 hours i turn it on just a black screen there

the whole computer just frezzes then i try and reset it with the reset button but that doesnt work so i have to turn it off by the power button but once the computer turns off the blue power light stays on....

and once it reboots it loads up fine

and this computer has a onboard graphics card

Okay, scratch the video card, sounds like a program is freezing and locking up your system before it goes into sleep or hibernation.

Do you have XP or Vista? Did you install any applications or updates around the time you noticed this happening?

i have win xp and no i didnt

it doesnt even get past the post screen or where win xp loads

once it turns on BAM black screen right away

Okay, i still think something is hanging and not allowing the system to go into hibernation - therefor hanging the bios as well which would explain why you can't restart and have to hard power the computer.

Turn off hibernation and sleep and see if it is still doing it. Does it do it when you keep it on all night?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom