Internal HDD+enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

dude112

In Runtime
I was planning to buy a portable hdd but found out that getting an intenal hdd with an enclosure is the cheapest way. My question is, does it matter which enclosure i use other than interface compatibility? If so recommendations please.

Planning on getting a Samsung Spinpoint f1+enclosure.

I dont see why it would matter what enclosure you get. Just don't get a comstar one... mine quit on me and had to get a new enclosure

Don't cheap out on an enclosure. Get a good / decent one. I have an Icydock one that works without a problem...and I also have an OKGear one that crapped out on me (drive didn't wanna be recognized in Windows).

I am with chase cheepo enclosures have a nasty tendency of crapping out on you when you need it most,

I guess I'll go for a Vantec Nexstar 3 than. It's cheaper than Icedock but have good reviews about them. Only thing is, those were from 2006... Can't really find good recent reviews. I guess enclosures aren't in high demand.

I though an enclosure might be equivalent to a cable so it doesn't really matter which you get. Guess I was wrong :)
Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom