*Help* Vista Specs

Status
Not open for further replies.

jesseL

Beta member
Hello,

I am currently thinking about trying Windows Vista (Either 32 or 64bit) I am just wondering if my current system (XP32) would be able to run it flawlessly. I've looked at several forums etc, but this is my first post. My specs are as follows;

• Processor - AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Venice 2.0GHz Socket 939 Single-Core Processor
  • Motherboard - ABIT KN8 Ultra 939 NVIDIA nForce4 Ultra ATX AMD Motherboard
  • Video Card - eVga 9600GT 512mb PCI-e
  • Ram - 3GB Corsair PC3200

and yes I'm aware my mobo and processor are 4 years old :p

Thanks in advance for the help/tips/advice.

Welcome to Tech Forums!

Your system more than meets the hardware requirements. As long as you have around 20-40GB of space on your hard drive, you're good to go.

I would probably suggest you go 32bit on Vista, because you only have 3GB of RAM.

It will definitely run Vista, but do not expect any performance gains. You will likely see a slow down from XP since you are only running a single core CPU. The graphics are plenty as well as the RAM (even if it is slower frequency than DDR2 standards).

Only thing I would recomend is a dual core processor, I have a 6000+ with only 2gb of ram, it runs Vista home prem 64bit rather well, 4gb would help a LOT, but 2gb would be plenty for anyone.

Thanks for the input everyone!

How much of a performance decrease are we looking at? I really only play a few older games (CS1.6/Source, TF2, WoW) but Im looking to try a few of the newer ones, atleast Warhammer and CoD5. If it's noticeable I'd rather just stick with XP for now unless I do a new build. Probably later than sooner.

Also, thanks for the welcome :D

I used to be against Vista, but have discovered that it is a good OS. Your hardware will run it just fine.

Yes, Vista does use more resources than XP, but it has a lot more going on. Search Google and you will find many ways to trim that down.

I ran 64-bit on two gigs, no problems. Even gamed on it. I don't really notice any difference between 32-bit and 64-bit. Didn't really notice any speed difference between XP and Vista, either. Vista is much better looking though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom