So which would you rarher have?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrFeetZ

Baseband Member
opinions wanted!

I have an intel 975x mobo with a core2 duo e6600. It's paired with 4gb of RAM and ive got a new GTX260.

Option Im facing is to either get a new i7 intel (920) CPU, x58 mobo (giga UD4P) and 6GB of RAM; and keep my GTX260

OR

Keep current mobo, cpu, etc and do the EVGA step up program and trade my GTX260 in for a GTX295.

I do mostly gaming and have a 24" LCD that runs 1900x1200 res. I do SOME dvd authoring (5% of the time) but mostly nothing that would benefit 4 cores. PSU is not an issue.

thanks in advance!

How long do you have to execute the stepup? Ideally you would want the i7 and the gtx295. :)

I hear on both! wish my wife did too:)

I've got about 80 days left on the step up.

I gotta admit, I thought most would say go for the 295. I know i7 good and all, but my pc is not really lacking on the CPU front.... 975x and C2D are good pieces even tho they are two years old..... errr, arent they?

We're all going to have to upgrade to i7 or a competing amd cpu sometime...might as well do it now (more futureproof) provided u have the benjamins

I have a question....Is this pc lacking in the gaming aspect?

If so a video card upgrade should do the trick......if not....then why upgrade?

That is honestly a pretty sweet system to be upgrading....unless you just want too....lol

I have a question....Is this pc lacking in the gaming aspect?

If so a video card upgrade should do the trick......if not....then why upgrade?

That is honestly a pretty sweet system to be upgrading....unless you just want too....lol

Bingo! thats the problem. its an upgrade more cause I kinda want to rather than need to. This PC lacks for nothing. No lag, no stutter, no slowness. runs everything fine. All games at high settings at 1900x1200 no problems. I upgraded to a 260 from a 8800gtx and saw MINOR improvements in graphics. However, the 260 is MUCH quieter and runs far cooler.

You bring up really good points Whirlwind, unfortunately, Ive been spending too much time at online pc parts retailers and..... cant fight the urge.... must buy now...... noooooo..... newegg is too strong for my kung-fu

c40747-14.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom