OCZ Flex PC128000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeh

I know, but it would be nice to add it to my loop

although I am just looking for opinion's and already I'm decided on what I want

I appreciate it anyways

You dont need to watercool ram, also dont circumvent the filter. I'll let you edit it and not give you 5 points.

The ram unfortunately features aluminum in direct contact with the water and will lead to corrosion. Avoid it.

A simple OCZ/Corsair memory fan is totally sufficient for all but the most ridiculous overclocking.

Newegg.com - OCZ Platinum 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Triple Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

The gold's are OCZ's "gaming" line whatever that means. If they are anything like the DDR2 golds then they are a great mix of value and performance. You will notice the golds have the same speed, capacity and timings for far less.

You really don't need to watercool ram, the taken to the extreme most ram will suffice with air cooling.

Best set you can get right now for the average people.

I had read on the skepticism on the aluminum construction and on the leaks that resulted and hence forth that's why I asked

I would dare to say that the Flex EX I was referring to was manufactured on the same assembly line as the 6 GB Platinum Series and simply outfitted with the waterblock versus the heatsinks

specs would say so

The Flex series are usually a bit higher binned, but never worth it. I am running a Flex 9200 4g DDR2 kit only because I got it cheaply.

And there's no way I would put it in my loop with my other copper components. Also there's really no reason to watercool DDR3, I doubt it gets that hot even with 1.95-2V through it.

^ i dont know dude, my OCZ platinum 4GB set gets pretty hot when overclocked from 1333MHZ to 1600MHZ at 7-7-7-20. they get pretty warm not hot like it's burning my fingers but hot like i really want to get my hand off of this thing. but it is pretty darn stable. i have yet to get a BSOD related to ram.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom