Is oil cooling realistic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would go for decent air-cooling and build a decent gaming rig. A grand can build a whole lotta computer. By not shelling out part of that for a water loop and the accompanying headaches (especially with moving it around), you can have a great system, monitor, and sound system. Make it your media center, aswell.

A water cooled computer doesn't need to be any more difficult to move than an air cooled one. Sometimes, the fact that you don't have a 1lb hunk of copper and aluminum hanging off your motherboard makes it less difficult and dangerous to move.

True, but I would not recommend a water loop to a new builder. Heck, i wouldn't recommend one of the huge coolers, either. unless you are going to overclock there's not really a need for it. Besides, you can always get one later on down the road.

I would focus on putting together a great build. If I did put it under water it would be for the graphics card(s) instead of the CPU.

True, but I would not recommend a water loop to a new builder. Heck, i wouldn't recommend one of the huge coolers, either. unless you are going to overclock there's not really a need for it. Besides, you can always get one later on down the road.

I would focus on putting together a great build. If I did put it under water it would be for the graphics card(s) instead of the CPU.

Still, while it isn't something I would recommend to a new builder, I wouldn't make generalized statements about it. That's essentially akin to saying that all computers are huge.

But, but... they are! Small = puny in computers! ;) Size does matter.

That's my tongue in cheek way of saying desktops are better then laptops.

But, but... they are! Small = puny in computers! ;) Size does matter.

That's my tongue in cheek way of saying desktops are better then laptops.

I believe your neglecting MicroATX desktops.

Friend is building an matx i7 in a Silverstone SG-01 with a GTX280...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom