Need a new flash drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spit-wad

Bake a Pretty Cake!
So I bought an 8GB SanDisk Cruzer Micro on black friday and the thing got completely wrecked in my pocket for one day.

I have like 17GB worth of flash drives, but none that I can carry on my key chain.
I'm gonna try to sell my 8GB sandisk for at least $15 hopefully so I can use that money towards a new one.

Any recommendations?
8 or 16GB (8 is fine unless there's a really good deal on a 16)
It needs to be able to take a beating, and the keychain loop needs to be strong.

I looked at this one, which seems good other than a bad keychain loop:
Newegg.com - Patriot Xporter XT 8GB Flash Drive (USB2.0 Portable) Model PEF8GUSB - USB Flash Drives

This one seems meh:
Newegg.com - Patriot Razzo 8GB Flash Drive (USB2.0 Portable) Model PSF8GRUSB - USB Flash Drives

Two guys at work have this one, which seems great except the orange cover is not attached well to the flash drive, so it comes out if you pull it out of the usb port incorrectly:
Newegg.com - Patriot Xporter Mini 8GB Flash Drive (USB2.0 Portable) Model PSF8GMUSB - USB Flash Drives

My boss has this one, which seems to be pretty hard. Also the keyring is on the cap, so you don't lose the cap and your keys don't dangle from the computer when you use it... it's more expensive, but I'm probably leaning towards this one right now:
Newegg.com - SanDisk Cruzer Crossfire 8GB Flash Drive (USB2.0 Portable) Model SDCZG8192A11 - USB Flash Drives

Any other suggestions? <$25 after shipping (area code 53711) would be excellent.

problem is that thing is giant... and just as expensive as the cruzer crossfire

i have the patriot xporter ,the one you first linked to, and i think it's great. the only thing i do not like about it is the lanyard attaching method and the cap can get lost easily if you dont keep track of it. i got mine on sale for $20 about one month ago.

I'll actually second this one, the Survivors are amazing. I picked one up because I kept wrecking standard flash drives in my pockets in less than 6 months. Only took going through a few of them to make me stock messing around and go for one that's almost literally unbreakable. Great speeds from it, it'll never break, the price is worth it. And it's honestly not that big and you can put it on your keychain without any issues. I've never been disappointed with mine and I got one for my little brother (11) for the exact same reason. He used his all the time but the regular kept breaking. What's the point in buying cheap drives every few months just to have them break? This thing is an investment after all. It's designed to last!

Heck, it's only $35 straight up and $20 after the rebate! No reason not to get this one imo.

I personally have the Cruzers, and I have issues with them...forgetting the U3 crap, since you can uninstall it, i find that if you use them in laptops with heat issues (ie: macbooks.) and you start transferring a decent size file or bunch of files, after a bit it will conk out and become unrecognized.

I personally think the 8gb Corsair that was mentioned is the way to go, especially with the MIR.

I've got a Kingston DataTraveller and an Adata flash drive (4GB and 2GB, respectively). The Kingston's transfer rate is way better than the Adata's rate. I plan on getting a bigger Kingston when I get the chance.

I bought mine through Buy.com... they have some awesome deals on them from time to time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom