Help finalizing budget gaming system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Havok3

Solid State Member
I'm trying to finalize my final build, I only need a CPU, Gpu, mobo, and ram, everything else I have. I'm just looking around for the best deals (from canadian sites), and am just wanting to make sure everything is compatible

CPU
Intel Pentium E5200 Wolfdale 2.5GHz 2MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor - Retail

GPU
POWERCOLOR AX4850 512MD3-DH Radeon HD 4850 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Retail

Mobo
GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3L LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

RAM
OCZ XTC Platinum Edition PC2-8500 DDR2 4GB 2X2GB DDR2-1066 CL5-5-5-18 Dual

I'm also looking to overclock the e5200 and was just wondering if anybody could recommend any changes addition to this that i would need. The OCZ ram i can get for like $15 with a MIR, but im wondering if it makes sense to get this, anybody know if this is good ram? or good for overclocking? maybe i should just get like 8gb of it, or is there zero point to that?

I'm also assuming i'll need some sort of CPU Cooler, I've heard good things about XIGMATEK HDT-S1283, but its like $45 CAD, does anyone have any suggestions for this?

no we haven't seen price cuts yet, i'm probably going to wait until we do before i order a 4850

Since you can get the ram so cheap, that would be good for overclocking. There really is no need for 8Gb of ram, unless you're into hardcore 3D rendering.

I've decided that im going to upgrade both my PSU and case, im thinking of using this:

PC Power & Cooling Silencer PPCS420X 420W ATX12V 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply - Retail
Newegg.ca - PC Power & Cooling Silencer PPCS420X 420W ATX12V 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply - Power Supplies

and am wondering if this will suffice in powering my setup and will work for overclocking as well. As far as cases go i really have no idea, would somebody mind recommending some good budget cases? i really do not care at all how it looks, just one that will help with oc'ing

Most cards require two pci-e connectors. though usually in the gpu box it will have a converter for another pci-e plug in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom