crappier video performance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wizzardxexe

In Runtime
i have an hp 2845se, the one with the big, squiggly... thing on the back. when i first got it (around june 08) it ran very well, turning on in seconds and the cpu+video card (nvidia 7150m) could run just about anything i put at it at medium resoutions. for example i was playing star wars bf2 at 1024*756 with some settings turned up and bloom at silky smooth framies.

now, however, it sruggles to run anything at all. can't play spore, or sw bf2, for any period of time at all. frames will be good for something like 5 mins and then it just dies and i get like .5 fps if that.

i dont have a whole lot on there, i got rid of a lot of useless start ups, defragged, scanned registry for errors (thank you glary) but even so i am getting the same performance! what is going on?

sorry if this is long

While you've messed with msconfig, defragged, and cleaned up the hard drive have you checked for spyware?

What OS do you have on this? What SP?

oh, sorry, this is vista 64-bit sp1

i have avg, which is pretty good at finding spyware. ill run another scan jic

Havent you gone thru the Osiris Spyware Guide? If so then it could very well just be time for a reinstall. Windows isnt perfect. It will require a reinstall every year or so to keep it at it optimal performance level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom