Netbooks HP vs MSI

Status
Not open for further replies.

KJoeZ61

Solid State Member
My job keeps me very mobile. I don't want to drag around a bulky laptop, so I am seriousy looking at a netbook. I am between the HP Mini and the MSI Wind. Going to put a Verizon air card on it.

Both have XP and the same processor and chipset. But the MSI has a 160 gig Sata hard drive vs the HP 16 gig solid state drive. MSI 3 USB vs HP 2 USB ports. MSI memory expandabe to 2 gigs HP 1 gig. Both 10.1" screens

Just wondering if anyone used either of these machines.

Thank's
Joe

I own a hp mini note 2133 and LOVE it I have a 120gb hard drive and I dual boot it with XP (15gb partition) and PCBSD. To be honest I love it with one tiny criticism and it wont matter if you don't use BSD than that is the wireless card is a broadcom an not a atheros.

The SSD that these use tend to be pretty slow, I think everyone's a lot happier with the hard drive. From what I've seen the HP has the better keyboards but MSI seems to have the best screens. If it were me I'd go MSI because I'm partial to them. You won't be disappointed either way, though.

I say stick with an MSI wind, I'm in the middle off checking them out and making a purchase. Stay with a u100 since you can upgrade to 2gb of ram, where the u120 you're stuck with only 1gb of ram and gain 3g and ssd but I don't see that as being worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom