questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dumpy

In Runtime
first off, id like to say thanks to hikaricloud for all his help :) anyways, i took his build/info from my first thread to set up my own build, so just looking for opinions on that, things to change and what not?.

i changed my mind from gaming pc to just a mid-high end media. if that makes sense lol.

CASE - comes with a power supply. is it good enough for what i want to do or should i swap it with something else?
Newegg.ca - HEC 6K28BBX585 Black 0.8mm SECC Steel MicroATX Mini Tower Computer Case 585W Power Supply - Computer Cases

DVD Burner -
Newegg.ca - Pioneer Black 20X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 12X DVD+R DL 20X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 16X DVD-ROM 40X CD-R 32X CD-RW 40X CD-ROM 2MB Cache IDE 20X DVD±R DVD Burner - CD / DVD Burners

CPU - i can say with 100% honesty i have no idea what that means lol i just know that itsa a triple core and that its within my price range.
Newegg.ca - AMD Phenom 8650 Toliman 2.3GHz 3 x 512KB L2 Cache 2MB L3 Cache Socket AM2+ 95W Triple-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops

Fan/Heatsink - im only going to include them if need be.. your opinion ?

Hard drive -
Newegg.ca - Seagate ST3640323AS 640GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives

RAM - 2 gigs, i think its enough but my main concern is the type? if anyone has a better suggestion do so :)
Newegg.ca - pqi TURBO 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 667 (PC2 5400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

motherboard - there was a comment that kind of scares me lol i donno wat it means. if a big deal please let me know

Cons: The manufacturer maintains that the CPU support list is up to date and accurate, and yet the most important detail, that the board does not support CPU's needing more than 95w is mentioned NOWHERE. Not in the manual, quick install guide, or online. In fact, the quick install guide states that CPU's up to 125w are supported, but they are not.
Newegg.ca - BIOSTAR A760G M2+ AM2+/AM2 AMD 760G Micro ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards

Graphics card - i have an ATI 9250.. older i know lol but it was 50$ so no big deal.. and i assume the on board will be fine for what i want to do if its not compatible

if anyone has a better suggestion, please use newegg.ca or at least a different Canadian site, seeing how im from Canada :)

without shipping this comes to $487.56 without shipping.
please help me out here :rolleyes:

Look for a 790G motherboard instead of a 760G, they can do the higher-wattage CPUs. Get 800 RAM instead of 667. You'll be better off getting a power supply and case separately, those sorts of bundles tend to come with badly made PSUs, which if they die (and they will, and soon, unless you're lucky), will probably take parts with it. Look at something like the Corsair VX450, it should be good for your needs.

i planned on going with yours :) i just did this to see like.. if i could get the price down a bit but apparently i didnt do a good job haha i need a credit card to do this tho dont i?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom