HTPC forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

raverx3m

Daemon Poster
i thought it would be nice to have a Home Theater PC section since it is related to computers.

An HTPC could fall under the 'General PC' or the 'High Performance' sections already; don't really have a huge demand for HTPC's, so the board wouldn't get used a whole lot.

but its growing popularity kind of. i mean it serves a different purpose from regular pc it would make sense to have its own section in my opinion.

Media Ceneter PC's have been available since 2005 when MCE first made a appearance with XP. There has yet been the demand to warrant its own forum even with it being included in several versions of Vista and soon to be Windows 7.

The demand isnt there. Even after 4 years of the possibility of them being used there is less than 1% of topics created for them.

There is not a need for HTPC to have their own forum, or even a dub-forum. My wife's PC functions as a HTPC in many ways, but would be considered a low-end machine by any and all. A HTPC is just what its lasy two letters say... "PC". Hardware questions should be posted in the hardware forums, multi-media questions in the appropriate forum.

Even the good HTPCs that use remote controls and are all pretty are just a general computer with a different software interface, a Tivo is essentialy, a HTPC, but using a differet OS.

There is not enough demand for them. There are rarely htpc threads, and when there is it falls under general building. They don't need a new section.

soooo..... what you are all saying is, "There isn't enough demand to merit having a dedicated HTPC forums?"

Unless I missed something in the general consensus.
Laughing_Hyena_Cartoon.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom