Need Board Recommendations. (interesting needs)

Status
Not open for further replies.
so look for at least a p45 then. Yeah that's what I was thinking. The only reason I thought about the DFI board is cause I had one in the past and it treated my e7200 well. So I guess it looks like it's down to the MSI P45 Platinum and the Biostar TP45. Any other suggestions are welcome!

pete i highly doubt (i could be wrong) that a p5q pro will hit 555 mhz with the stock multiplier of a celery 430 to get to 5ghz. good luck though. what are you trying to do, build a super-celery?

I'm doing my senior project on dry ice cooling for my PC. My first option was DICE cooling my 4000+ but cold bug would be too annoying to deal with, so I have a cellery 430 hanging out that I wanna crank up. Also it just so happens that the WR for a 430 OC is 4.9ghz on DICE with a p5k plat, and I think that with the lack of caring I have for hardware and my ram, I can take it to possibly 5ghz. Thing is I need to hit 550-560fsb to do that and voltage of above 1.7v maybe even around 1.8v for my chip. It depends because there isn't a reliable way to get the VID for it so I dunno what the limitations are.

I'd be pretty pumped over it. haha. Thing is I need a new board and want to spend as little as possible ya know? In talking with my dad though I can get a loan until I get tax returns back, so I'll be able to spend up to like 200-250 on a board. Doubt I'd like to spend that much, but it's an option.

Pete, I'm looking forward to the results. I personally would go with the Biostar, but then again I don't know a lot about that MSI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom