Power supplies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braingoo

Baseband Member
OkIm building a new system!

I ran across this Power supply it looks realy Bad arse anybody ever used it or heard any bad things about it!

Ultra X-Connect 500watt
http://reviews.pimprig.com/power_supply/x-connect_500w_psu.php

U10-9510WT-out3-wg.jpg

cables.jpg

cables-glow3.jpg

I was going to buy that one and wound up getting the 560w thermaltake PSU instead....I really could use those modular connections though =/ but I wanted that extra wattage. There is on other member in these forums that bought it, but yeah I would say go for it. I've heard nothing bad about them, and they have good ratings for the rails (especially the 12v which is mainly the reason I was gonna get it) with a 34a +12v raiting...whew...endless amount of fans.....so yeah that should most definitely be a worthy buy my friend.

how much are you paying for it though? all i know is that you can get a 500W for 100 greenbacks or a 400W for $80, both from TigerDirect.com

I think I will go for it guys thats for the replies!
I realy like the modular cables and the Whole PSU just looks awsome!
Im getting it a zipzoom fly its also $99.99 there I belive that must be the MSRP. as it seems to be the same price everywhere. But if you cna find it cheaper let me know.

umybiatch2k6 said:
how much are you paying for it though? all i know is that you can get a 500W for 100 greenbacks or a 400W for $80, both from TigerDirect.com
unless you like getting ripped off, don't buy from tigerdirect, the shipping is outrageous. newegg has much better shipping prices, not to mention a bigger selection.
My first build was stuff from tiger, i think it cost aroung $50 for all my stuff to ship.(i got a barebone system, memory, cd and dvd drive, HD, CPU, and a HSF, and vid card.

Soloman02 said:
unless you like getting ripped off, don't buy from tigerdirect, the shipping is outrageous. newegg has much better shipping prices, not to mention a bigger selection.
My first build was stuff from tiger, i think it cost aroung $50 for all my stuff to ship.(i got a barebone system, memory, cd and dvd drive, HD, CPU, and a HSF, and vid card.

Yhea I bought from www.zipzoomfly.com and got free 2day shipping on both the MB and the power supply! Iused to buy from tiger all the time but zipzoomfly and newegg beat the tar out of them most the time anyway!:p

Great design on that power supply. The modular plugs is an outstanding idea. Let us know how it works out for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom